<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1156287228102930778?origin\x3dhttps://peppermint-corvette.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Silver Flash is Here!

Because of my NM1101E assignment I feel that I have an interest in writing just about anything, I have decided to start my own blog, right here on Blogger. Here, I've decided to go by the theme of the driver and his car because I simply love cars (and would definitely love to own one for myself), not that I could afford it. Oh well since I'm on the theme of cars, why not make the introductory entry be about it? (:

... Actually, there are too many things to write about cars. Furthermore, despite considering myself to be a fan of cars I believe that the amount of knowledge I possess about them pales in comparison to most people. So, I guess I should just go straight into my favourite car (I wish it was literally hehe). Here it is:

Chevrolet Stingray Concept Car

Photo credits: char1iej on Flicker at http://www.flickr.com/photos/char1iej/3272967066/


Sweet beautiful silver beast, eh? Since I was a young boy, I've loved speed. Anything that moves fast would definitely catch my attention. This beauty right here, the Corvette Stingray Concept model, caught my attention when I was watching the movie Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen last year.

Well, this would have made it to the top of list of cars I want to buy, if not for the fact that it still remains a concept car and is not produced for consumption... So I guess I'll just have to make do with the toy model one. Hahaha.

Car mode

Photo credits: Myself


Quite an accurate to-scale model here right? And the good thing here is, I am a Transformers toy-model collector myself, so I guess it's double the joy for me here. And yes, now for the transformation itself...

Robot mode

Photo credits: Myself


Pretty cool design, I must say. And it only cost me $26.90!

Alright, how's that for a start? Well, I hope to keep up this new blogging hobby of mine, for I have a problem with my attention span. Hopefully, with enough interesting topics and events to comment about, I will not run out of ideas (and passion) to write. Let this be a place where I can have the freedom to speak, a place to express my thoughts.

I hope to be back soon! =D

/ traffic lights.




The Ride.

Life is a one way drive. Let's all hop on for a ride.

Corvette Stingray Concept

"The driver don't pick the car. The car pick the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine."
- Bobby Bolivia (from 2007 'Transformers' movie)

Photo credits: Wikipedia.

This blog is best viewed on 1280 x 800 resolution.

The Driver.

Alan.
Taurus.
National University of Singapore [Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences - Geography Major / Sociology Minor]

In the event that I am unable to go on any further, please get me some coffee so that I can have the energy to carry on.

"Steady hands just take the wheel." - Lyrics from 'Stop and Stare' by OneRepublic (from the album 'Dreaming Out Loud')

Drive-Bys.

The nearest Starbucks joint.
Cruising around the city.
Drifting across the seaside.

Frappuchinos. City Streets. where Storm Clouds gather.

Photo credits: Driver's own.

Facebook Profile:
Facebook Profile

The Radio.


Drive safely, do not speak on the phone while driving.

The Crew.

Andy Jovena
Kenneth Pei Shan
Teck Hao Tracy

Mileage Clocked.

Archives
March 2010
April 2010